Monday, December 21, 2009

H.P

Before when I see or hear the acronym H.P the first thing that comes into my mind is Harry Potter. Now it's different, thanks to Jaejoong and all the people behind the film Heaven's Postman. :)

When video clips popped out of youtube I was so desperate to see the whole thing. But since the movie has just been recently showed in Korea, I didn't put my hopes up. I just told myself that "when the raw file comes up, i will definitely get the chance to watch it--since i believe on TVXQ fans who'd sub it". And this day my hopes came true, and I just finished watching the film 15 minutes ago.

The fact that Jaejoong casted on the film made the movie be anticipated by many. There are times that a movie seems to be a good movie because of the casts acting on it-- though the plot is not so interesting. But Heaven's Postman is different. From the scriptwriter to the casts, it's definitely a masterpiece. This post is my 'thank you' to everyone who made way for me to be able to watch such masterpiece. :)

***warning: spoiler awaits. to appreciate Heaven's Postman as much as I appreciate it now, Please watch the film first. :) Heaven's Postman Video Link***

  • First on my list is Eriko Kitagawa. When I appreciate things, it's not just the product- but also the maker. And IfIi'm not mistaken Kitagawa is the mother of the plot of Heaven's Postman thus I thank her for giving birth to Heaven's Postman. If I was reading the story in a novel, as the story continues, i would have expected what would happen. But then suddenly the flow of story shifts. When Jaejoong's task as a postman is done, I thought that it was his ticket to heaven and that he would finally be able to enter heaven. He's a ghost--like a lost soul. so what do you expect when he's done with his unfinished business on earth? But then the "manager's" reply to him was "You can now go back as human" I was also shocked like Jaejoong when I heard that. And I also asked the same questions. It was like you're already expecting to be sad, preparing yourself for the melancholic moment, and boom! It turns out to be very different from what you expect-- and i liked it. She is really the goddess of love stories. Not just because she writes good plots but because she knows where to put the 'romantic ingredient' at the best time. When Hana and Jejung met again, I thought the consequence was that Jejung will forget everything- another fail expectation. He remembered everything that's why when they met again, I thought "oh love. it's really nice." :) Kudos to Eriko Kitagawa. I'll think I'll also be watching some of her other works. Congratulations to her, she gained a new fan. :)

  • The music director. I wouldn't feel very attached to the story if the background music is not so effective but it is. That background playing every time the story is in a sad scene can really make you cry. I am so anticipating for the other OST's as well. :)

  • The casts. Han Hyo Joo proved herself yet again for this film. I have watched some of her dramas and she never fail to amaze me. When she was crying out loud when Jejung disappeared I felt like crying too. She looks stubborn but I felt that I would also be doing the same when I lost someone important to me. And of course Kim Jaejoong. Of course it still lacks for Oscar's best actor criteria but for me he was perfect for the role. The heaven's postman's identity has not been revealed until the end of the story. He was a mystery to the viewers which makes you want to watch more to unlock that mystery. And I on a personal note, thinks that Jaejoong himself is mysterious. Yes he's public still very mysterious from the inside. And when he acts, even without saying a word, he really captures the heart of the audience just by his expressions. And I guess that deserves a recognition. He should make acting as his part-time job.--because singing with TVXQ will always be his mainstream. :)

  • last to thank are the people who made it possible for me to watch and understand the film. To the person who recorded the video on its screening thanks a lot. Its hard to do it without getting caught. And you managed to do it 'til the end. *hands down* thank you. To the team who subbed and shared it to everyone-- we can't thank you enough. Your blog post has already been flooded with many thank you's. This is such a wonderful Christmas gift. Thanks again. :)

This is quite a long post so I don't know if any one's gonna read it. but anyway. I was smiling the whole time I'm writing this so it's okay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment